Defend-it Legal Services is a federally accredited fingerprinting agency proudly providing digital and traditional fingerprinting services. Digital and traditional fingerprinting is quick and efficient. Defend-It Legal Services uses the latest technology and methods in the fingerprinting capture process. We send your fingerprints electronically to the Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services (CCRTIS) maintained by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
Our primary service is the secure capture and transmission of electronic fingerprints for employment, volunteer, citizenship and immigration applications and other verification purposes. Digital or Electronic fingerprint submissions are typically required in effort to obtain police certificates or criminal records.
Additional services, such as criminal record checks, fingerprint card scanning and inked fingerprint cards are available as new identity-related products and services are being developed for the future.
Type of Fingerprinting Service
$79.99 + HST
- Canadian Citizenship
- Employment (Federal Government)
- Employment (Police)
- Landed Immigrant Status (PR) – Individual Application
- Privacy Act Request
- Volunteer Employment
- Employment (Other)
- Employment (Private Industry)
- Employment (Provincial Government)
- Name Change
- Other Application
- Record Suspension (Pardon) Application
- Visa/Border Crossing/Foreign Travel
- Landed Immigrant Status (PR) – With Sponsor
- USA FBI Police Clearance (Ink & Roll)
- International Police Clearance (Ink & Roll)
- Vulnerable Sector Check Elimination Prints
Fingerprinting by Appointment only.
Choose from our Pickering or NEW Whitby location - NOW available 7 days a week
Please call (289) 275-3513 or book online now.
For even more information about our fingerprinting services, please visit our sister website at Defend-it Fingerprinting Services.
Questions and Answers:
Q. How do I verify the status of my fingerprint submission?
A. All criminal record verifications are processed in the order in which they are received. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) will not expedite any submission because this will adversely affect all other individuals awaiting their results.
You will receive e-mail confirmation from Defend-it Legal Services and an DCN reference number that your fingerprint were successfully submitted.
If you have recently requested a criminal record verification, please note the following wait times:
- 1 to 4 weeks if your fingerprints were submitted electronically and you do NOT have a criminal holding (record of being fingerprinted)
- If you have ever been fingerprinted at any time by a police agency in Canada for an offence regardless of the outcome including:
- Not Guilty
- Charges Dismissed
- Charges Withdrawn
- Peace Bond
- Conditional Discharge
- Unconditional Discharge
- Sine Die Adjournment
Your fingerprints are therefore on file and your application may take in excess of 120 days to process.
If you would like to inquire about the status of your fingerprint submission, please do so after the wait time has passed. The RCMP will not respond to your request if it is still within the aforementioned time frames.
If your fingerprint submission has taken longer than the times indicated above and you require an update on the status of your fingerprint submission, please e-mail email@example.com providing ONLY the following information:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Type of application you submitted
- Date your fingerprint submission was submitted to the RCMP
- DCN number, if available (found in your e-mail)
- Daytime phone number where you can be reached on weekdays
Please do not submit more than one request. The RCMP will respond to you as soon as possible.
Please do not contact Defend-it Legal Services Professional Corporation as our only service is to transmit fingerprints electronically to the RCMP. We DO NOT issue the Canadian Police Clearance.
If you wish to remove your fingerprints from any law enforcement database, please follow the instructions on the RCMP website at: www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca